Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nelson, Abortion and Medicaid

Created by: Jillian

What is going on? When Obama says that his "administration is committed to creating an unprecedented level of openness in Government"...I believe him and I want that. What I can't stand and do not accept as the sort of "openness" I was thinking of is the fact that I'm being told about backroom deals happening in the Senate Healthcare debate and nothing is being done about it.

Nelson is getting 100% medicaid reimbursement, which is huge, not to mention that he also got his way on abortion. His anti-choice language does nothing more than fuel a debate. It doesn't address abortion as a health care need in the slightest. It's seen as a strategic win and that's how he played it.

End all of the deal making and start debating for real. Public officials should have public debate.

No comments: