Friday, September 26, 2008

Is this really happening?

Created by: Jillian

Sarah Palin was interviewed by Katie Couric who asked Palin about a comment she had made to Charlie Gibson, "you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska".

Palin's Russia comment has been turned into the punch line of many a joke about Sarah Palin...most notorious, in Tina Fey's skit of Palin on Saturday Night Live.

In all honesty, I thought the Russia comment was sort of a slip-up, a random thought that just popped into her head and out of her mouth.

But after last night's interview with Katie Couric, I take all of that back! Sarah Palin actually defended the notion that Alaska's proximity to both Russia and Canada prepare her to deal with foreign policy.

I mean, ... how?

I can't even do it justice...here's what she actually said,

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right next to, they are right next to our state."

What does that even mean!?! What does she mean by "those"--what is she referring to and is it really safe or politically correct to talk about a foreign leader like that? It makes me nervous.

I refuse to sit back and allow Palin to get away with idiocy because she is a woman. Some people are attributing Palin's incoherent speech to her being nervous or new to the media spotlight but I don't buy it. The one thing this woman does have is stage presence.

The reason she sounds absurd is because she is and I don't want her anywhere near the White House or foreign diplomats for that matter!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see Noah Webster School from my house, can I be Secretary of Education??