Thursday, September 4, 2008

Lies and Rhetoric

Created by: Jillian
I know that this post is coming from a "liberal northeasterner", or at least I think that's how
they referred to us last night, so please forgive me ahead of time.

They used such interesting language
last night to tear down Obama and attempt to "empower women". First there was Giuliani--Shame on him for using feminist principals to take a cheap shot at the democratic party.

"How dare they question whether Sarah Palin has enough time to spend with her children and be vice president? How dare they do that? When do they ever ask a man that question?"
-Giuliani

Who is this "they" Giuliana is referring to. If you watched his speech last night you would think that he was referring to the Obama campaign...but Obama has publicly stated that families are off limits. Why Giuliani thinks that he is an appropriate spokesperson to address sexism is beyond me.

Next up was Sarah Palin. Once again, she had a lot to say but didn't say much of anything. We did learn that her husband is world champion snow machine racer--
...my husband won a Guitar Hero competition...maybe I should run for VP?

Palin then went on to spend her speech bashing Obama by making fun of his work as a Community Organizer in Chicago...that was pleasant. She also used biblical imagery to describe him by calling his supporters "devoted followers" and joking that he would be too busy "turning back the waters and healing the planet" to accomplish anything of sustenance.

All of this said in the same breath that she stated, "we are expected to govern with integrity, good will, clear convictions, and ... a servant's heart". Hmmm...I'm not a religious person, but I didn't think you were supposed to use the bible to make fun of people. Then again, I'm just a "liberal northeasterner", so correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall, another hypocritical night in the life of the conservative right.

No comments: